What’s That!?

As we were enjoying a wonderful lunch outside, something in the orchard caught my eye. “Oh no! Michael look what’s hanging on the apple tree! Quick get your Equipment. Do you need help?” I ran to get the camera and followed him to the orchard. The following video is what was in the orchard and how we took care of it.

1. Robert June 17, 2009 at 9:33 pm #

Thanks for filling us in on the latest buzz, Jonathan! Sweet video! It was helpful to know how a beekeeper needs to beehive when a swarm happens. Stick with it and you’ll bee an expert videographer! 🙂

2. Hannah Burnett June 19, 2009 at 8:23 am #

We had fun watching this timely video! My dad is working on starting bees right now – he would really like to catch a swarm! Thanks for sharing!

3. James June 19, 2009 at 10:10 am #

Now this is a post I’ll remember for a long time! I love how simple, educational, interesting, and precise your documentary is, Jonathan. I also like the background sounds of the natural surroundings. Keep it up!

4. James June 23, 2009 at 8:54 am #

Great production. I’ve already watched it twice!

5. Joshua June 23, 2009 at 4:17 pm #

Excellent Job Michael – and great job video taping Jonathan. I learned several things from the episode.

6. Jenny Wilkes June 23, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

What a great video! I am so glad you all were able to catch it. Is the new hive doing well?

7. Jamie Parfitt July 1, 2009 at 4:03 pm #

Thank you for that very good video. It was much better than the two I saw on You Tube. The sound quality, especially, was excellent. The part at the end about which hive they came from was something I had not read to the family from any books or other sources. You really know your subject. After seeing this, I think we could actually attempt capturing a swarm if we had to. Our bees seem content for now…:-)

8. Allen P. July 1, 2009 at 11:37 pm #

Wow! I finally found time to watch it. Mom told me today that it was well done, and that I should make it a priority. I am glad that I did!

Thanks for all the information, Michael! That would make a great science lesson for any home-schooled family.