Well, just an update here!
I continue to be amazed at the beauty and efficiency of Mandarin Chinese–Characters in the Bible continue to come alive with meaning. Recently in Genesis was the bittersweet story of Hagar. Here are several words that stood out (as best as I could decipher them):
* Maidservent = woman + to cause to happen (woman efficient in work)
* Bottle = skin + pouch (container used in the Middle East)
* Wilderness = spacious + countryside/wild (more than just countryside)
* Well = opening + water + well
And in Matthew 5:16:
* Good works (translated “behavior”) = good + conduct + attribute (To conduct oneself uprightly until it becomes an attribute)
* Heavenly Father = heaven + up + -ly + father
Thank you Dad and Mom for training on how to look for and apply principles rather than settling for surface knowledge forgotten after a test.