Fragrant with herbs, this rich bread, along with salad and/or soup, makes a wonderful meal. By the way, the thinner variety makes delicious turkey sandwiches!
Normally, in the process of making six loaves of our regular bread, we use one loaf’s worth of dough (flavored optionally with 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes) to make either:
- one 10 x 15 jellyroll pan, or
- two 8 in. round cake pans, or
- three cake pans for the thinner variety.
Alternatively, you can experiment with your own favorite bread recipe.
1. Press dough evenly in well-oiled cake pans, sprinkled with cornmeal. (Cornmeal is optional.) Cover with damp cloth and let rise 20 or 30 min.
2. If you opt for black olives, make an indentation for them in dough for every square inch with spoon handle or fingertip and insert an olive in each hole. Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle entire amount with:
- 2 tsp Rosemary Leaves crushed,
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese,
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, and
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced (or 1 t. Garlic Powder—not garlic salt!)
3. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes or until nicely browned.
Serve warm and enjoy!