Here between Memorial Day and the Fourth of July, let’s remember and honor the document that has been such a foundation for us.
The United States Constitution is much shorter than you may at first think. If you are a good reader you can read it—all of it—in about an hour! How grateful we can be for such a government structure as ours.
If you were to divide the Constitution and it’s Bill of Rights into 16 equal parts, it would be arranged as follows:
- 5 Parts: The Congress (Article 1)
- 2 Parts: The President (Article 2)
- 1 Part: The Judicial System (Article 3)
- 2 Parts: General Provisions (Articles 4-7)
- 1 Part: Early Amendments (Bill of Rights, 1791)
- 5 Parts: Later Amendments (11-27, 1798-1992)
As with keeping the law of our Creator, we find our most efficient means of success in keeping, before our eyes, the laws and guidelines our fathers set. To that end may this series of posts become a regular source of encouragement!
Do you think you can memorize the Preamble before I post again?