“The words of the children of the Staddons, the example that their mother gave them.
“How is it Dad has found such a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. His heart doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no fear of an empty checkbook. She doeth him good and not evil all the days of her life.
- She seeketh wheat, and non-BHT cereal, and baketh willingly with her hands.
- She liketh what Melaleuca ships, and ordereth her bulk food from afar.
- She riseth also while it is yet night, to tuck in her little ones and to pray for her older ones.
- She compareth the brand name, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she canneth a vineyard.
- She climbeth to the top of the hill, and picketh a rasberry.
- She perceiveth that her curriculum is good, she useth teachable moments day and night.
- She layeth her hands to the paddle, and her loving reproofs keep us together.
- She stretcheth out her hands to the widow; yea, she organizeth our concerts for the neighbors.
- She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for she drives a GMC envoy backed with prayer.
- She mendeth her sons’ holes in the knee, her clothing is gracious and beautiful.
- Her husband is known at the conferences, when he speaketh among the families of the land.
- She maketh fine jellies, and selleth them; and delivereth rosemary to the farmers’ market.
- Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
- She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue are the commands of Christ.
- She looketh well to the meals of her household, and eateth not the white bread.
“We, your children, rise up and call you blessed; your dear husband also, and he praiseth you. Many mothers have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but you have chosen to fear the Lord. Our works are the fruit of your works, and the things we do around the world praise the things you did at home.”
Merry Christmas, Mom!!
– From Proverbs 31, SAV (Staddon Adapted Version)