Another Glimpse of Hocking Hills

It had been a full year since our last escapade off the beaten path to Hocking Hills State Park on our way to and from Chicago and home.  Because Robert and I were able to shove off relatively early that morning, it allowed us to get to our destination just two hours before dark: the perfect, yet a bit more difficult, time for capturing the light on the landscape. Our explorations took us to another section of the park this time, but we hoped it would boast the same excellent photographic opportunities as before. We were not disappointed!

Sitting above Cedar FallsLooking down through Cedar Canyon

Peering over at the edge of the canyonView from the top of Cedar Falls

The trail into the canyonPathway along the base of the sheer rock wallsA root's perspective of the trees on the surface

Fading light at the top of the canyon

Looking down . . .. . . and looking up!

Ash Cave

James pauses for a picture"Why look at the camera, when there is so much else to see?"

It's still a long way up!It's all about perspective

Driving back out to the highway

The end of a "gorgeous" adventure!

1. Jonathan DeSeno August 4, 2009 at 4:03 pm #

incredible

2. Allen P August 5, 2009 at 1:48 am #

W
    O
    W

Beautiful – Thanks for sharing! Maybe some day I’ll get to go with you guys and experience the full grandeur in person!

3. Daniel Staddon August 6, 2009 at 5:07 pm #

What a great place for photography!! It seems every picture deserves a 30-minute analysis to fully appreciate! I can’t wait to go back with you guys some time in the near future.

4. Michael August 10, 2009 at 3:57 pm #

It truly amazes me what beauty results as millions of forms of life that use the destructive forces of nature to their advantage. Reminds me of American Capitalism.

5. James August 11, 2009 at 9:06 am #

Just as we stood in awe of God’s creation, so may our hearts stand in awe of God’s Word (Psalm 119:161). To the heart, God’s Word is just as complex and awe inspiring as nature is to the human eye.

6. Amanda August 17, 2009 at 5:36 am #

WOW!!! What STUNNING views!! They reminded me of the incredible power and majesty of our God!