Today is an important day in American history. The Iowa caucus, the first in the nation, will be held tonight. The presidential hopeful who wins the “Hawkeye state” usually receives a tremendous boost in popularity and momentum.
We must get on our knees in full surrender to Christ and ask God for His mercy and His blessing on the decisions being made today. Because fasting is closely associated with prayer, we chose yesterday morning as a day of prayer and fasting for this event. Today, or tonight, is not too late.
Our family has decided to support Huckabee because of his stand on protecting human life, toughening up security on the border, supporting Israel, being supportive of home schooling, emphasizing character and control government spending. We are praying that:
- As he pursues truth, he would find favor in the sight of God and man (Proverbs 3:3-4)
- He would have strength in a full day of campaigning (Psalm 86:16)
- As he loves Jehovah, he would rise as the sun shining in it’s strength (Judges 5:31)
- The election process at the polls would be carried out in honesty
(I Timothy 2:1-2)
- Ultimately, God’s will would be done (Luke 11:2)