I Like Mike!

America before an ensuing stormFrom a glance at the Republican hopefuls for the 2008 primaries, there are obviously two distinct categories: nominal and conservative.

Ironically, the three frontrunners of the Republican ticket, Giuliani, McCain, and Romney, comprise the first category. During the 1970’s Giuliani switched from Democrat to Independent to Republican yet still holds to the same Democratic views in regards to abortion and sodomy. McCain is vague on where he stands and is known as a flip-flop. His divorce, lucrative re-marriage, and campaign collapse give evidence of a corrupt moral life. Romney, a Mormon and believer in intelligent design, is unreliable and desperate for the presidency.

Then there are the more conservative candidates: Brownback, Paul, Huckabee, Hunter and Thompson. The decision for Brownback is rather easy; he dropped out of the race last Friday, October 19. Hunter is qualified, but he does not yet have the roots or experience behind him to make it to the primaries this election. Thompson, though popular, just doesn’t have the vigor or foundation to be president, let alone run against the Democratic nominee. Recently, he admitted to belief in evolution. Though Paul is a creationist, true constitutionalist and strict conservative, he overemphasizes state sovereignty and has not been successful in his campaign.

Mike Huckabee for presidentI like Mike! Huckabee is competent and very frank on key issues and stands strong when it comes to social matters. In fact, he finished second in the Values Voter straw pole last week, less than 1% behind Romney, and 17% over Thompson. He has proven himself through solid leadership as Governer of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007. However, as the black horse of this race, Huckabee has a long way to go before spelling success in the primaries. He has the momentum, but not the national recognition … yet.

Dobson has threatened the formation of a third party if Giuliani is the Republican nominee. Perhaps this risky move will not be necessary if Huckabee is nominated instead. Though he is basically being ignored by both the media and the Republican party, I believe that presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee can still succeed through the voice and support of grassroots Americans like ourselves! A passage of Scripture I have been memorizing recently, being in context to a citizens relationship to rulers, is more or less applicable to this world-influencing subject: “…it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.” (Romans 13:11-12)

1. Esther October 27, 2007 at 10:59 am #

Great post James! Thanks for all the time and research you put into that.
    Maybe the media is ignoring Huckabee but that doesn’t mean much when you remember what God can do! In fact I can think of more examples than one where God delighted in lifting up the underdog. Keep this in your earnest prayers everyone! James 5:17

2. Donald October 28, 2007 at 4:11 am #

Excellent link-work James. I like Mike too–ever since a few days ago when we discussed the debates with a couple others on the team here. There’s a young man on the team that I’ve come to respect and when I asked what his family was thinking about the nominations, Huckabee was one of the first names out of his mouth and the one that stuck with me. The fact that he tends to be shunned by the media actually “says a lot” too doesn’t it. Thanks so much for your confirming word.

3. Robert October 28, 2007 at 9:55 pm #

Thanks for the thorough research and solid recommendation, James! I’ve been talking with a few people around here and it seems like all the moral conservatives in this kneck of the woods are on the same bandwagon. Go Hucakbee!

4. Robert October 28, 2007 at 11:10 pm #

James, after becoming inspired from your informative post, I added a Huckabee for President graphic to our sidebar and requested that our family blog be added to the MikeHucakbee.com blogroll.

I’m awaiting Josh Wilkes’ take on all this…
    My guess, after his recent post, is that the Wilkesteam will support Huckabee as well.

5. James November 2, 2007 at 6:58 am #

That graphic is fantastic! Thanks for the additions. I have high hopes for Huckabee.

6. Daniel November 6, 2007 at 5:44 am #

Praise the Lord! In the past few weeks, as Huckabee’s campaign has continued to accelerate, attacks on Huckabee have really picked up – from the media and elsewhere. But the Huckabee campaign is rejoicing – they know someone is only attacked who presents a real threat! Thank you for the post James. Don’t forget God is in control!

7. James November 6, 2007 at 3:41 pm #

Hey Robert, we are one of the 38 new bloggers added to Huckabee’s website yesterday! (Oct. 5) It’s really hard to believe; thanks for thinking of doing that.

8. mitchell chapman January 2, 2008 at 5:39 pm #

I am from ohio and plan on voting for HUCKABEE. He
    is a long shot but he does have good communication skills and good sense of humor. He is weak on foreign
    policy but maybe he will get some good advisors in the near future. I picked up your website from a focus group I am a member of about Bill and his teachings. I enjoy Bill’s seminars but not a big fan of homeschooling. My kids attended catholic schools and two of them graduated from college already. The third child is at ohio state and fourth child is still in high school. mitchell chapman gates mills, ohio

9. Robert January 3, 2008 at 11:10 am #

Hey Mitchell!

It was good to hear from you! I’m glad you’re going for Huckabee as well. Let’s pray for him today as the Iowa caucus is going on.

God bless you!

10. mitchell chapman January 24, 2008 at 4:12 pm #

We had a graduation party for my daughter this month. Many catholics were present and they all
    were planning to vote for HUCKABEE. Father DAMEON Liked his pro-life stance and his position on marriage. He needs to tap into this voting block if he wants to win the election.
    GOD BLESS YOU AND I DO PRAY GOD’S HAND BE UPON YOU.
    MITCHELL CHAPMAN
    GATES MILLS,OHIO

11. mitchell chapman July 3, 2008 at 5:16 pm #

JAMES:
    Looks like meeting went well with mccain today. Let us pray he picks Mike as his vp.
    GOD BLESS
    MITCHELL CHAPMAN
    GATES MILLS,OHIO

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. I Like Mike! — 2008 president candidates - March 13, 2008

[…] views in regards to abortion and sodomy. McCain is vague on where he stands and i source: I Like Mike!, […]