This January the Lord gave me an opportunity to join the team at IBLP Headquarters for the year-end inventory. As soon as I arrived (on the second day of the count) I could tell it was already off to a good start.
Tally sheets had been prepared with thoroughness by the Paine Family and Tuesday morning, bright and early, there gathered a team that was not only impressive in size but in spirit. The team worked so effectively that by nightfall we had set a record! The hardest part of the inventory, the warehouse count, was completed on the second day.
Looking back now, it is amazing to see how smoothly it happened:
- Monday: The count begins; we drive in from West Virginia
- Tuesday: The count is finished! (I worked aisles 218, 129, 265 and 246)
- Wednesday: Computer work done by Thomas Paine, Cassie Sutton and Barak Lundberg
- Thursday: The auditor comes and finds the results satisfactory (So satisfactory in fact that he wanted
to streamline the process for next year)
- Friday: Inventory “un-frozen” (Waiting orders are shipped!)
On Friday night (our regular night for Family Night at home) we celebrated at a wonderful pizza party hosted by the Paine family. Praise the Lord for such a team. Thank you all for your example of working in one accord (Psalm 133:1). God continue to give you that same mission-mindset throughout the year at Headquarters.